Friday, July 17, 2015

first set of cheap travel tips


Hey everyone! its been a while since I posted so I thought I would post a first in a series of "cheap travel tips".

Here is my first installation. These are some ideas I found that worked for me while I was back packing in Europe and Turkey. I hope that you will find some useful aswell!


1. pack light
2. bring a lock
3. use public transit when ever you can
4. research your hostels
5. stay with friends if you can
6. www.couchsurfer.com
8. pack food for long rides
9. eat where the locals eat
10.buy food at local markets its ofter cheaper than supermarkets
11.compare your airfare/be flexible
12use the incognito tab when looking up flights (some websites track your visits and the price will automatically go up the next time you look)
13. use the free days when visiting museums and other wonderful exhibits.
14. spend more time in each country and travel slowly
15. fly at unpopular times early morning/redeye flights
16. fly mid week
17.stay more then one night at a hostel,some twill have a 3 night get the 4th free deal
18. if you know you will be somewhere for a month or more, try renting an apartment so you can cook your own food.
19. try www.woofing.com
20. try housesitting for people
21. take night busses/trains so you can sleep while you travel
22. walk as much as you can :)
23. rent a bike
24. eat our for breakfast/lunch not for dinner 
25. try and find a hostel/hotel with breakfast included (and try and make some lunch/snacks from your breakfast food)









No comments:

Post a Comment